Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So I wasn't last...part 2

Okay, so all those people (3) are cheering and trying to get the last of us to get moving.  I finally leave behind the other slow people and really pick up the pace.  Round the right corner, round the right corner, another corner and  I'll be going in a circle, bah!  I am second guessing my choice to pick up the pace.

I finally make a left and there is the finish line.  Now I'm getting all emotional (because I have been unemotional for the last half hour) and would like for there to only be strangers at the end so no one has to see me cry.  I can see that this is not going to be possible because there is a little jumping pink shirt ahead waving.

Leslie is cheering and I'm choking back tears and she starts to run along side of me.  Double Bah!  I cross the finish line at 3:05:28.  I wish I had pictures of the maze I had to walk through.  I know it would be useful when there are 400 racers finishing at the same time but this is not one of those times.

Rick takes some photos and I drag my butt to the food that they have set out.  I grab an orange slice and IT IS THE MOST DELICIOUS THING I HAVE EVER HAD.  I mean this thing is better than the sandwich they gave me at the hospital after being in labor for 22 hours.

Free massage..I could use one of those...They hand me a paper ask me to fill out my name and address.  Apparently the ability to write is one of those things that you lose when you are exhausted and dehydrated.  My hand is shaking and I ask the woman 3 times how much I have to fill out.  I guess I was hoping that she would tell me that I didn't have to fill out anything.

Once the massage was complete I took a bunch of oranges (THE BEST ORANGES IN THE WORLD!) and sat in my car eating for half an hour. I was getting orange juice all over myself but I didn't care, I took my orange juice/sweat soaked self to La Fronter for lunch.

No comments: