Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Swimmin' Mama!

Tonight we went swimming at Fairmont Aquatic. Sophia has been asking to go swimming for weeks now, dressing herself in her swimsuit, playing with her life jacket so we gave in. I ran home after work and grabbed everything we would need. I even picked up some sleeper jammies since I knew she would swim for 2 hours.

We're all set! We're in the pool! We're running all over dragging back up to the surface! We're...leaving after 40 minutes. She's frozen and taking her swimsuit off in front of the masses. (for shame!) "All done, mama! All DONE!"

It was only a matter of time before I figured out the problem. I took off her suit and placed her on the changer. As soon as I tore one side of that swim diaper a torrential flood of urine came splashing out onto the changer, counter, floor and my shoes. I guess I would have been frozen and "All done" if I was carrying around my own personal swimming pool in my pants. Just another lesson for the future.

2 comments:

Tim said...

Did she read the sign that said..."Welcome to our ool. Notice there is no 'p' in it. Let's keep it that way."

Kar said...

Yea...public pools are full of happy kids and you don't even want to know what else. *shudder*