Monday, October 13, 2008

Everything old is new again

Earlier this year I bought Sophia a lovely new chair from Target. It was plush and pink and full of girliness. About six months later it was a disgusting mess that I hid from visitors.


I had tried to clean the chair before with little success. Scrubbing the chair would pull up the fibers and leave bare spots, vacuuming only reduced the chunks of food. I was discussing the dilema today with Alyssa, who also owns this chair and has had the same experience, and I remembered something I saw on "How Clean Is Your House?". They often use household items to clean and one of their favorites is bath soap wrapped in a soft cloth. They have used this product to clean toys, couches and anything else that requires a delicate touch. I decided to give it a whirl. Here's the 'before' shot:

I used a soft cloth that was wrung out and used a bar of unscented soap, the right arm was tackled first and I had great results.

I finished the rest of the chair, using 5 cloths total, and the chair looks great!

Sophia loved it and immediately hopped in with a cup of chocolate milk to begin the process all over again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I noticed the chair yesterday. But because you know how discusting my house is...I thought better of making any smart ass remarks.
Can you believe it??? :)