Monday, October 31, 2011

O.M. GAW! Best Dinner and Halloween EVAR!

Last Saturday I watched Lidia's Italy while lounging in Tasha's recliner.  Lidia made this amazing dish, Pasta with Baked Cherry Tomatoes, that I had to have.  Tasha had just made me breakfast, but I couldn't get my mind off this dish.  Lidia really sold me.  Anyhoo, here are some pictures from my first attempt at the dish.  Mistakes were made, but no tears shed.  This dish was amazing and I'm glad for leftovers.

 Cherry tomatoes waiting to be breaded
 Cherry tomatoes following their bath in olive oil, breadcrumbs, etc
 Let me warn you....I made a mistake by using foil and not parchment paper.  Tomatoes should be crispier but no deliciousness was lost in the baking on foil
 At this point the smell in the kitchen is so ::singing:: AMAZING!! That there is some olive oil and sliced garlic
 Final dish, you can't see the parsley (last from the garden) and shredded basil

I finished it up with parmesan instead of the cheese recommended because I had it.  I can't imagine how much better it would be with all the recommended touches.  

Now I'll end with Monster.  She was Barbie Princess this year.  She wore her dress up shoes and was IN LOVE with her outfit.  Look at her stand there like a precious little angel and not a single sign of her monsterness.  She's really a little devil.  Do not be fooled by her!!  Also, don't let her hug you.  Her power is increased tenfold with a hug.


2 comments:

Kar said...

I think you should bring dinner with you on Monday. That looks delish! And of course Monster was the cutest princess evah!

Unknown said...

She is the devil...but I find that to be such a big part of her charm. And your dinner looks AWESOME!