Friday, October 15, 2010

Boise, You Rule! Who knew?!


I went to Boise this week for an ICD-10 training with a couple of coworkers. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Downtown. I've never stayed in the downtown area. It was AWESOME! It's partly a historic district and it's all super pedestrian/bicycle friendly. There were bicycles everywhere. We would walk past a bar and 35 bicycles-well, fixies-were locked up outside. These people are serious.

I met up with my Aunt Elicia and Uncle Ralph who I haven't seen in 3 years. 3 years? I can't believe I haven't been there since baby girl was 6 months old. We chatted for hours! It was a great visit since I didn't have to share with the rest of my family. ;) I'm thinking I need to do this a lot more and maybe I'll bring Monster and Steve.

Everywhere the group of us ate was fantastic. Bardenay, Solid, Asiago's, Bittercreek Ale House, Cottonwood Grille were all outstanding. I was so sad to leave! There were more to try. We were all talking about plans to come back with family for fun.

The other fun thing about downtown is the painted electrical boxes. I only got a shot of one-it's the awesome owls at the start of this.

There's more...I'm just too tired.

No comments: