Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dorrie the Witch

Little Baby Stevie has been looking for Dorrie the Witch books since he found out that I was pregnant. These were his favorite books when he was a child and he was dismayed to discover that they were out of print. His mom found a copy of one of the books at a garage sale recently and he has been reading it to Sophia every night. Sophia gets a little scared because one of the witches yells, but she still asks for the book all the time.

I told Steve that the were starting to reprint some of the books and he laughed at me. He's ordered everything available and they will be here Friday. His quest for these books will never die.

2 comments:

Kar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kar said...

I will keep an eye out for them too. Some of my favorite kids books are:

Where the Wild Things Are by Maruice Sendak

Mean Soup by Betsy Everitt

Juilus Baby of the World (Probably all time Favorite) By Kevin Henke

Dr. Suess's The Lorax, How the Grinch Stole Christmas and several others (Pale Green pants with nobody inside them) but not all of them!

"Pssst! It's me, the Bogeyman" by Barbara Park

I could go on and on. I love kids books!